Floating Ball Valves typical application is for smaller sizes (up to 6 inches) and lower pressure classes. They are characterized by simple design, easy maintenance, low cost and quick delivery. Body construction can be two or three pieces, bolted or screwed body, made by forging, forged or rolled bar. Wide range of materials: carbon steels, austenitic or martensitic SS, duplex-superduplex SS, nickel-based alloys, titanium, aluminium-bronze and other exotic materials. Valve main technical features include automatically self relieving body cavity (due to floating ball) and anti blow-out stem. Main reference codes:
- Standard design in accordance with API 6D and ISO 17292/BS 5351.
- Antistatic design as per API 6D and ISO 17292.
- Valve ends can be flanged (RF, FF, MF or FF, RTJ) according to ASME B16.5, Socket Welding, Butt-Welding, Female Threaded etc
- Fire Safe according to BS6755 / API 6FA / API 607, since each sealing point is provided by a secondary fire-safe seal in graphite. Valve soft seats also are provided with secondary metal-to-metal seal in case of fire.
Floating ball valves can be manual operated (lever or gearbox depending on valve size), but also equipped with an actuator (electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, gas-over-oil etc.).
Standard design is soft seated and lever operated, the following special designs are also available:
- CRYOGENIC (see specific section): full austenitic stainless steel valve, provided with PCTFE or metal seat, lipseals as static and dynamic seals, stem extension according to BS6364 (or as per customer requests).
- METAL-TO-METAL SEAT: for high temperatures (larger than 250°C) or dirt/slurry service, Floating Ball Valves can be provided with a spring-energized seat, and hard facing on seat and ball contact surfaces (Tungsten or Chromium Carbide).
- STEM EXTENSION. For special applications the operator (lever/gear/actuator) can be lifted by an extension fixed to valve body, and a joint coupled to the stem.
The following optional features are also available:
- Locking device
- Body drain connection
- SS lever group
- Dead man’s handle